3/26/2013

Samsung Galaxy S4 : First look.

To tell you the truth, I became a fan of Samsung mobile devices only last year. I've always been a fan of HTC devices. I mean with the design, the build the quality and innovation, HTC wins but with some unknown reasons I because enthusiastic with Samsung's releases.
My first encounter with Samsung was last July 2012 when I fell in love with the Samsung galaxy S3. I bought the device obviously not for the reason that it is the newest flagship from Samsung that time nor to boast it with everybody. I bought it because my HTC ONE X was stolen from me by some thieves. I obviously don't want to talk about that anymore.
Anyways, Going back with Samsung. Of course before I purchase something especially a major purchase that will eat my savings, i have to do some background check and extensive reviews with the product. That's what i did with the Galaxy S3. Almost all tech sites and forums have been visited and almost all video reviews in Youtube have been watched. I Just love the huge AMOLED display of the S3, the colors are so rich and brilliant.
However, despite being made of similar material, there's no doubt that the HTC One X feels more premium in the hand. Although the One X is actually 3g lighter than the Galaxy S3, it feels a touch weightier, which shows the way texture can affect the way a phone feels in the hand.
Overall the Samsung Galaxy S3 feels superb in the hand. The design is absolute. the features and the speed is superb as comparing Iphone. lol
Then there it is, speculations and rumors about the next big galaxy release was spreading over social sites and forums. Leaks of the supposed to be design of the next Samsung phone spread in the web like it's a hot celebrity scandal. Until a statement coming from Samsung was released and confirms it all. Yes! A new Galaxy phone will be released. And it will be named The Samsung Galaxy S4. So the tech world becme excited, thrilled and fascinated of what will be the Next offering of Samsung to us consumers. Will it be as big as the s3 witll it hold a new processor or will it embody a new camera.
And yes! It was released this March. Well Frankly, I was disappointed. Again it's a plastic, It has the same feel and vibe with the Galaxy S3. The touchWiz interface is the same, it's just feels that I am using the S3 again. However there are a lot of new features that was added. the Smart Pause, Smart scroll which uses your eyes basically and the S health that can measure your pulse rate, yeah I know it's cool.

With it's rival HTC one, Apple Iphone 5 and the Nokia Lumia 920, Samsung did some edgy upgrade to it's camera. Well the rumors are right, The Galaxy S4 holds an amazing 13 megapixel camera. And some new apps and looks on the interface. And there is also an interesting feature which uses your palm to interact your phone, so there is no need to touch the phone.

Well I can say that there is some minor evolution from the s3. So basically there is no WOW factor from me yet. I'm still waiting for it to be launch here in the Philippines.
Credits to: TechRadar.com for the images

No comments:

Post a Comment